Translate

2013-09-20

interview in Austrlia 1996

Molly Meldrum Interview

Tuesday, 19 November 1996
Australia

Molly: Well, Michael, I can finally welcome you to Australia , and whether you like it
or not, being the King of Pop and the biggest recording star in the world, what is your
philosophy of staying at the top?
Michael Jackson: Boy, I think being humble and believing in yourself and having
true love in your heart for the world and really trying to help people through lyrics
and the love of music and dance because I truly do love people very much.
Molly: Realising that, but does it not put pressure on you, I mean that you have to
be...
Michael Jackson: Well it always
Molly: ...and they hold you in such esteem.
Michael Jackson: Well it always does. The next album has to be better than the
other. [laughs]
Molly: Well how do you cope with all the hysteria? I mean wherever you go, whether
its London , whether its Munich , whether its New York , whether its Bangkok , whether
its Japan and even here in Australia , how do you cope with the hysteria?
Michael Jackson: Umh...I know its all love, so it makes my heart very happy and I
like to give it back, you know through however I can give and it uh puts a smile on
my face to see all the children and all the teenagers and the adults, the demographics.
It makes my heart very happy, I love them, I love all the fans very much.
Molly: Well coping with the hysteria, I mean I can't cope with it, I mean watching all
this going on around, I mean the press have been absolutely manic, its been manic
mania. Can I ask you, do you ever relax? Does Michael Jackson ever relax? Cause I
know you're a workaholic.
[Michael smiles]
Michael Jackson: Yes, I am a workaholic. Uh, I don't relax really, I don't sleep a lot,
I like to continually....... my mind never stops. I'm always creating. I never stop. But, I
love a good water balloon fight or you know playing around, goofing off, nintendo
games, arcades.
Molly: Now Michael, I have to ask you this question. Being possibly the biggest
profile in the world, um I guess Princess Diana matches you, you read all these
amazing stories about Michael Jackson. I mean I don't know whether they're true or
not. You read that Michael Jackson's a weirdo, you read that Michael Jackson's
bizarre, you read that he's done this, he's done that. Now I know some of those stories
are not true because even I was accused of being at your wedding, and I knew that
wasn't true. But how do you cope, how do you feel about all these stories that are
written about you?
Michael Jackson: it's very sad, I just want the fans to know and to understand that is
not the truth... 99.9% of it is not the truth. And don't read it, don't believe it, it's
garbage. It's tabloid junk, I mean they just simply make it up for greed and money....
so please don't listen to it... it's trash.
Molly: Alright now, there's one more question I've gotta ask you... it's about a
personal friend of yours..... but I have gotta ask you this question....
[Michael looks sternly at Molly]
Molly: .... I am a Stephen King fanatic I have every book ....
Michael Jackson: (laughs)
Molly: ....that possibly Stephen King has written, um... you can say mind your own
business. And I know you've done Ghosts with him and I think that's a sensational
piece of work.
Michael Jackson: thank you
Molly: .. did you enjoy doing that...
Michael Jackson: Very much .. yes.. yes
Molly: I mean that skeleton blew me right out
Michael Jackson: Where you there at the premiere?
Molly: No but I 've seen it at home
Michael Jackson: ooohhh
Molly: It is just amazing. Can I ask you what is Stephen King like?
Michael Jackson: Stephen King is a very gentle sweet kind man I mean the profile
that we see... the books, with his works... he's nothing like that. He's very humble.
Molly: Right.
Michael Jackson: ahhh... A lot of people judge me the same way. I'm pretty simple...
I love to create. I love to make magic. I love to create the unexpected. You know. And
Stpehen... He's just wonderful, he's not bizarre or strange or weird. He's a loving
person.
Molly: And great to work with?
Michael Jackson: Great to work with. Together, he and I wrote GHOSTS and had
fun doing it.
Molly: Alright now, listen, I never normally asks for autographs. But this is a Stephen
King book and it's called Insomnia, and I'm sure over the last week I've had no
sleep....
Michael Jackson: (laughs)
Molly: ... with the Michael Jackson thing. Can you sign this book of Stephen King for
me?
Michael Jackson: Sure ... Sure.. (takes book and signs)
Molly: Thanks very much.
Michael Jackson: Thank you Molly.
Molly: Enjoy Australia .
Michael Jackson: Thank you.
Molly: and we look forward to more work from Michael Jackson, more records...
Michael Jackson: Thank You.
Molly: and being the biggest star if not the biggest star in the world, and entertaining
everyone,
Michael Jackson: All my love to everyone, thank you
Molly: Thank you

來源:mjfcmoonwalk.com

'96年11月19日(火)、マイケルはステージに上がる前、オーストラリアの地元で音楽シーンに影響力を思っているモリー・メルドラム氏の独占インタビューに応えた。 インタビューは事前にマイケルが許可した内容で行なわれた。
 モリーは最後の質問(事前チェックを受けていない質問)でマイケルを驚かそうとしたが、マイケルの反応は超一流だった。

 【※追記 : モリー・メルドラム氏は、'77年・'87年・'88年にも独占インタビューをしている。
    東京で行なわれた'87年のものは、"MJ Talks"の BADツアー直前インタビュー 参照 】
―― … モリー・メルドラム    MJ … マイケル

―― さてマイケル、ようやくあなたを ここオーストラリアにお迎えすることが出来ました。
世界の “King Of Pop”であり、最高の記録を持つスターである事をあなた自身は気に入っているかどうかは判りませんが、“トップの座にある” あなたの人生観って何ですか?
MJ ん~…
僕は、曲やダンスとともに歌詞を通して人々の助けとなるよう努力し、世界のために その人自身の内面にある真実の愛を信じる心を謙虚に受け止めたいと思っているんだ。
心から人を愛しているからね。




―― 実によく解ります。
でも、それはあなたにとってはプレッシャーではなく… つまり、“そうあるべきだ”という…
MJ そう、常にね。
―― そして人も、そういった見方をしてますしね。
MJ うん、常にそうだね。
次のアルバムは今までの物よりも良くなくっちゃ。(笑)
―― ところであなたは、興奮したヒステリックなファンにはどんな風に対処しているんですか?
あなたが行く所はどこでも、ロンドンだろうが ミュンヘンだろうが ニューヨーク・バンコック・日本、そしてここオーストラリアでも、一体どうやって対処しているんですか?
MJ う~ん…
それが皆の愛であって、僕の心を幸せにしてくれていると解っているし、僕はそんな彼らに応えるのが好きなんだよ。
それにね、どんな時でも、えーと… 子供たちやティーンエイジャーや多くの人に会うことで僕は笑顔になれてすごく幸せになれるからこそ、それに応えられるんだ。
僕は全てのファンを、ものすごく愛しているんだよ。




―― うまく対処しているんですね。
私だったら、周りをキョロキョロしちゃって どうにも出来ないと思うなぁ。 押し寄せる群衆は本当に熱狂的なマニアだと思うし。
リラックスすることってあるの、なんて訊いても良いですか? マイケル・ジャクソンって人はリラックスすることってあるんですか?
だって、あなたは仕事中毒だと思うんですよ。
MJ (笑顔で) そう、僕は仕事中毒だよ。
えぇっと… ホントにあまりリラックスしていないし、睡眠も充分ではないね。 ずっとやり続けることが好きだから… 僕自身それを止められないんだ。 僕は常に創造しているし、決して立ち止まらない。
でもね、水ふうせん合戦や、そこらへんでふざけたり、任天堂のゲームをやったり ゲームセンターに行ったりすることは大好きだよ。


―― さてマイケル、この質問をしなきゃならないんだけど。
可能な限り、世界中で最高のプロフィールでいるという事…、あー…
私は色々なマガジンの “マイケル・ジャクソン”に関する記事を読んでみて、その点において ダイアナ妃とあなたは共通していると思いました。 そういった記事が本当かウソかは判りませんけどね。 “不可思議なマイケル・ジャクソン”,“奇妙なマイケル・ジャクソン”,そして “マイケル・ジャクソンがああしたこうした” といった記事をあなたも読んでいますよね。
今は、そういったいくつかの記事は真実ではないということが判りました。 だって、あなたの結婚式のことを非難していた私にでさえ それら(非難・中傷している記事)が真実とは違っていると判ったほどですからね。
だけど、そんな風に書かれた記事に関して、あなたはどう感じてどう対処したのですか?
 



リサ・マリーと離婚した後、以前から通っていた病院の看護婦でマイケルのファンでもあったデビー・ロウと HIStoryツアー中のコンサート地であるオーストラリアで電撃的に結婚式を挙げたという事と、その時すでにデビーがマイケルの子供を妊娠していたという事から、マスコミ等がこの話題に殺到し、様々な憶測のもと『偽装結婚』,『愛のない結婚』などと誹謗中傷する記事が世界中を駆け巡った。

MJ すごく悲しかった…。 ファンには理解してわかって欲しいと強く望んでいます。
99.9%、真実とは違っているんだ。 そんなくだらない物を読まないで! 信じないで! タブロイド・ジャンク(ゴミ同然のゴシップ誌)なんだよ。
僕は、彼らが欲や金のためだけに軽薄な記事をでっち上げてるんだと思ってるよ。
お願いだからそんなものに耳を傾けないで…。 そんなもんクズだよ…。




―― ええ、じゃ、もうひとつの質問にも答えて下さいね。
あなたの個人的な友人についてなんですけど… この質問に答えてほしいんだけど…
MJ (モリーを厳しい視線で見る)
   予定外の質問だったから。
―― 私はスティーブン・キングの熱狂的なファンで、彼の本は全部持っているんですが…
MJ (笑う!)
――

多分スティーブン・キングが書いているものなんだけど… 
あ~その~…
「それって僕のことじゃないよね」 っておっしゃっても構わないんですけどね?
ん、でもね、私はあなたが仕事の一環として彼と組んだ 『Ghosts』 のことを知っているんですよ。

MJ サンキュー。
―― あの仕事って楽しんでやりました?
MJ とっても… はい、うん。
―― 私は骸骨がショックで、打ちのめされたって感じですよ!
MJ どこのプレミアで観たの?
―― プレミアじゃないんだけど、家で観たんです。
MJ へぇ~。



'96年11月15日、シドニーにて催された 『Ghosts』 プレミアに出席

―― ホント、驚いちゃいましたよ。
スティーブン・キングってどんな人なんですか?
MJ 彼は、とっても紳士的で優しい人だよ。
つまり、僕らが彼の仕事… 著書を見て思い描く人物像とはまるで違っていて、すごく控えめな人なんだよ。
―― そうなんですか。
MJ


う~ん…、大抵の人は僕のことも、彼の場合と同じように見ているね。
僕の場合はすごく判りやすい… つまり僕は、ものを創造することが好きで、魅力あるマジックが好きで、 "えっ!!" っていう意外なものをクリエイトするのが大好き。
あのね、スティーブンっていう人は… 彼は本当にステキで、ちっとも奇妙じゃないし、風変わりでも 気味悪くもない、愛すべき人柄なんだよ。

―― 彼とはまた良い仕事をしたいと?
MJ 良い仕事が一緒に出来たし、彼と僕は楽しんで 『Ghosts』 を書き上げて創ったからね。
―― そうですね。
さて! 私はいつもはサインなんて絶対にねだらない人なんですけど…
でもまぁ、彼のこの本は “不眠症になる”なんて言われている本なんだけど、ってことで、…でね、私も先週眠れなかったって訳ですよ…。
MJ (笑)
―― マイケル・ジャクソンも関わっているってことで… この本にサインしてもらえます?
MJ もちろん! いいよ。
(本を手に取りサインする)
―― ありがとうございます!
MJ サンキュー、モリー。
―― オーストラリアでの滞在を満喫して下さいね。
MJ ありがとう。
―― 私たちは、マイケル・ジャクソンのさらなる作品と さらなる記録を楽しみにしています。
MJ サンキュー。
―― 世界最高のスターである限り、全てのことを 全ての人に楽しませ続けて下さい。
MJ 僕の全ての愛を、全ての人へ。
サンキュー。
―― ありがとうございました。

・・・ END ・・・

沒有留言:

張貼留言