Translate

2013-09-16

1994 Open Letter from Michael Jackson to his critics:

Volume: 28 Issue: 15 of the People magazine [ US ] featured Michael on their cover story MESSAGE FROM MICHAEL
 

 

Volume: 28 Issue: 15 of the People magazine [ US ] featured Michael on their cover story MESSAGE FROM MICHAEL

'I was sent forth for the world, for the children. But have mercy, for I've been bleeding a long time now.'

In the Midst of a World Tour, the Astonishing Star Breaks His Four-Year Silence to Issue a Cry of Pain from Japan .
He sat down at the desk in his room at the Capitol Tokyu Hotel in Tokyo and, on the back of a piece of hotel stationery, wrote what he said would be his only only discussion of his private life. "Like the old Indian proverb says," wrote Jackson , "do not judge a man until you've walked 2 moons in his moccosins." The singer's two-page missive reveals him to be a complex mix of boy and man whose personality matches the themes of Bad, an album so full of bright, catchy dance tunes that it's easy to overlook the lyrics that express dark fantasies and hyper-romantic dreams. Jackson offers forgiveness to the rumormongers who have upset him: "Animals strike, not from malice, but because they want to live, it is the same with those who criticize, they desire our blood, not our pain." At the same time, he expresses himself with the desperate tone of a child who has been unfairly punished: "I cry very very often because it hurts.... Have mercy, for I've been bleeding a long time now." His casual spelling and punctuation speak of backstage tutors and self-teaching, but his expression of pain is clear.



"Like the old Indian proverb says, do not judge a man until you've walked 2 moons in his mocassins.

Most people don't know me, that is why they write such things in which most is not true.

I cry very often because it hurts and I worry about the children, all my children all over the world. I live for them.

If a man could say nothing against a character but what he can prove, his story could not be written.

Animals strike, not from malice, but because they want to live. It is the same with those who criticize. They desire our blood, not our pain.

But still I must achieve. I must seek truth in all things. I must endure for the power I was sent forth. For the world. For the children.

But have mercy, for I've been bleeding a long time now.

MJ


沒有留言:

張貼留言